Bok Choy, Stir Fry.
You can have Bok Choy, Stir Fry using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bok Choy, Stir Fry
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Bok Choy or similar.
- It’s 12 oz of Sugar Snap or Snow Peas.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium Onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh Ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili sauce (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of fish sauce or soy sauce (optional).
Bok Choy, Stir Fry instructions
- Clean Bok Choy. Cut off stem end to separate stalks. Trim leaves in strips to width of stem (give or take).
- I like to cut the stems lengthwise so you don't have large chunks to eat..
- Chop onion into medium chunks, too small and you can't eat them in this dish..
- Clean Pod Peas, my wife likes the ends trimmed also. Just line 2 or 3 up, line up the ends with side of your knife, trim the ends.
- Crush and chop garlic. I just crush it with the heel of my hand, then chop it..
- Added garlic, the store was out of fresh, so I had to use this, but fresh is way better..
- Heat a stir fry pan or skillet to pretty hot with the vegetable oil. Add garlic, Ginger and chili sauce (see notes) this is the chili sauce I used this time.
- After a minute add onion and pod peas, salt. Sir fry until the pea pods turn bright green and onions are translucent.
- Add the bok choy, give it 1 quick stir, let it sit for minute to steam..
- Stir fry the whole thing, when the bok choy wilts add the black pepper, sesame oil, soy/fish sauce, Stir fry another minute or longer depending on your preference for doneness..