Bitter Gourd Egg Soup. Bitter gourd in omelette goes very well together. The strong bitterness from the bitter gourd is washed with salt to make a mildly bitter vegetable, while. Today I have a new recipe with bitter gourd.
But my favourite way to eat it? I love it most as a dish of stir-fried bitter gourd with. Bitter gourd is a healthy vegetable and it is known to reduce "heatiness" – a really much-needed attribute for tropical dwellers like me who is living in hot and humid Singapore. You can have Bitter Gourd Egg Soup using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bitter Gourd Egg Soup
- You need 1 of medium bitter gourd.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 liter of stock of your choice.
- It’s of season.
- You need 1 dash of white pepper and salt.
Similar Recipe: Bittergourd with Salted Egg. Bitter gourd is very much an acquired taste for me because when I. Egg drop soup (Chinese: 蛋花湯; pinyin: Dànhuātāng) is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper.
Bitter Gourd Egg Soup instructions
- Slice bitter gourd thinly set aside.
- Bring stock to a boil then add beaten eggs and simmer down immediately stir only once so that the soup is not cloudy.
- Add bitter gourd and simmer for 3 minute for crunchy bitter gourd or longer if you prefer a softer bitter gourd..
- Season with white pepper.
Tip for choosing bitter gourd: In general, dark green bitter gourd is more bitter and light green is less bitter. Pour the beaten egg slowly over the bitter gourd slices. A popular ingredient in the South East Asian cuisine, I have talked about the many goodness of Bitter Gourd aka Bitter Melon in my past posts. Using a spoon, scrape seeds and spongy centres from bitter melon halves and discard. Slice remaining flesh crossways and place in a colander.