You can have Sauteed Lobster using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauteed Lobster
- It’s 1 of lobster/person.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 small of orange.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic salt – divided.
- You need 1 tsp of dill weed.
Sauteed Lobster instructions
- This recipe assumes you have intact, cooked, frozen lobsters. Allow the lobsters to thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours..
- Remove the pincers where they attach to the body. Use a nut cracker to break the shell around the joints and claw..
- Use the tip of a small claw to dig the meat out of the pincer leg. The claw meat often comes out intact..
- Grasp the lobster tail with one hand and its body with the other. Press the tail into the body and twist to separate the tail from the body..
- Remove and discard the green gland, stomach and any veins or eggs. Rinse with cold water if needed..
- Reserve the shells and left over body parts for lobster stock..
- Place the point of a stout knife in the base of the tail. Rock the blade down the length of the tail to split it in half..
- Peel the shell away from the lobster tail meat. Each half should come out intact. Rinse under cold water to clean if necessary..
- Chop the meat into bite size portions and add the claw meat..
- In a wok or frying pan, add the butter, lemon juice, dill, garlic salt and a cut up orange. Heat to sizzling hot. Add the lobster meat and stir for 1 minute. Do not cook longer than 90 seconds if you have a pre-cooked lobster..
- Serve immediately with melted citrus butter from pan..