Baked apple and sweet potatoes. Top pork chops with onions, sweet potatoes, and apples. Let this sweet and satisfying matzo bake with apples and sweet potatoes be your saving grace! It's got layers of egg-soaked matzo, thinly sliced sweet potatoes, and cinnamon-spiced apples.
Sweet potatoes are also a favorite on holidays, making this ham and sweet potato bake the best of both worlds. This recipe uses a large ham steak, but leftover slices of ham can be used as well. This Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples Recipe is a healthy and easy side dish that is perfect for Thanksgiving! You can cook Baked apple and sweet potatoes using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked apple and sweet potatoes
- It’s 4 large of apples.
- Prepare 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 12 tbsp of cinnamon splenda blend.
- It’s 2 tbsp of low fat margerine.
While the sweet potato cubes are baking, toss the apples with the remaining coconut oil, maple syrup and cinnamon in a large bowl until everything is well combined. Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes until done but still firm. Arrange half of the sweet potato slices on the bottom. Drizzle with half of the buttery spread, then half of the maple syrup.
Baked apple and sweet potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Wrap sweet potatoes in paper towels and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Flip potatoes and microwave another 6 minutes for 12 minutes total..
- Combine 2T ground cinnamon and enough sugar substitute to make about 1/2 cup cinnamon blend. I use Splenda because it bakes well and can be used in a 1:1 ratio to replace sugar..
- Remove potatoes and let cool..
- Core, peel and section apples into slices that are ~5-10 mm thick (1/4-1/2" thick). Add lemon juice and refrigerate to keep sections from browning..
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into sections ~the same thickness as the apple slices..
- Build the dish as follows: layer sweet potato slices in bottom of casserole dish. Dab each slice with a little margerine. Sprinkle 2-3 T of cinnamon blend over the layer. Add a layer of apple slices and sprinkle another layer of cinnamon blend..
- Repeat step 7 until all the sweet potato and apple slices are used. The top layer should be apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon blend..
- Bake uncovered for ~50 minutes. Test apples to be certain they are done. Let stand 5 minutes and serve..
Then, wash apples and sweet potatoes under running water, and peel them. Next, cut them in half and further into thin slices. Bake this casserole dish for an hour. Today I am sharing a simple and tasty side dish that will go well with a baked ham, roast turkey or chicken or just about anything you want to. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork; place on cookie sheet.