Open faced tuna melt. To take a tuna melt from good to great, it has to have all the right components. In other words, plain mayo alone won't cut it. Here's how we do it: open-faced with crusty toasted bread, melty cheese, capers, cornichons, Dijon mustard, and plenty of seasoning.
This classic tuna melt has the perfect amount of crunch, melty cheddar cheese, and veggies. Melts are one of my favorite types of lunch sandwiches. This Tuna Melt is served open-faced and will transport you to your favorite deli with delicious homemade tuna salad, fresh sliced tomato, and ooey-gooey mozzarella cheese, all on top of freshly toasted french bread! You can cook Open faced tuna melt using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Open faced tuna melt
- It’s 2 can of (5 oz) chicken of the sea tuna.
- You need 1 medium of shallot,minced(approx.2 tbsp).
- You need 2 tbsp of plain non-fat greek yogurt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced parsley.
- You need 1/8 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 4 slice of 100% whole-wheat bread, toasted.
- You need 2 of fresh tomatoes, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
This would also taste amazing on my homemade Amish White Bread! Open-Face Tuna Melt. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Do you love a quick and easy dinner? This is one of our favorites and has been mine since I was a Open-Faced Tuna Melt Sandwich is super easy to pull together, nutritious and most of all delicious!!
Open faced tuna melt step by step
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine tuna,shallot,Greek yogurt,lemon juice,parsley, and salt in a medium bowl. If desired you can add some black pepper or hot sauce for additional flavor..
- Spread 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture on each slice of toast; top with cheese and tomato..
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3-5 min.
Kids will love this easy to fix dinner too! This Open-faced Island Trollers Tuna Melt is a great light lunch for these summer months. All the fresh herbs in the tuna mix really help it say summer. A tuna melt is a warm, open-faced sandwich made with tuna salad and topped with tomato and melted cheese. The central ingredient is canned tuna — aka "tuna fish".